I don't write such posts but few days ago while watching Akshay Kumar starrer Bhool Bhoolaiya, I got the idea for this post because in the movie Paresh Rawal gives the hindi word for cricket.
I found these meanings on the internet on different sites. Enjoy!
- CRICKET : Gol guttam lakad battam de danadan pratiyogita
- CRICKET TEST MATCH : Pakad dandu, maar mandu, de danaadan pratiyogita
- TABLE TENNIS : Lakdi ke phalak shetra pe Le takaatak de takaatak
- LAWN TENNIS : Harit Ghaas par Le tada tad, de tada tad
- LIGHT BULB : Vidyut Prakashak Kanch golak
- TIE : Kanth Langoti
- MATCH BOX : Ragdampatti Agni Utpaadan Peti
- TRAFFIC SIGNAL : Aavat Jaavat Suchak Jhandaa
- TEA : Dugdh Jal Mishrit Sharkara Yukt Parvatiya(pahaadi) Booti
- TRAIN : Sahasra Chakra Louh Path Gaamini
- ALL ROUTE PASS : Yatr Tatr Sarvatr Gaman Aagya Patr
- RAILWAY SIGNAL : Loh Path Gamini Suchak Yantra
- RAILWAY STATION : Bhabhka Adda
- BUTTON : Ast Vyast Vastra Niyantrak
- MOSQUITO : Gunjanhaari Manav Rakt Pipasu Jeev
- CIGERETTE : Shweta patra mandit dhumra shalakha
Now please don't tell me things like tea is also called chai or that mosquito is machhar because this post gives meanings in shudh hindi. I am no Ph.D in hindi so please don't prompt any mistakes.